Hichva [Ru] Hoczew[Polish]
Lisko District, present day SE Poland
Lemko Surnames found in 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records
Parish Data:
Church was "Ascension of Our Lord" [1905] [ destroyed]
The masonry church replaced an older wooden one from 1798
In 1785 the village lands comprised 10.03 sq km. There were 253 Greek Catholics 145 Roman Catholics and 12 Jews
1840 - 266 Greek Catholics
1859 - 290 Greek Catholics
1879 - 294 Greek Catholics
1899 - 436 Greek Catholics
1926 - 551 Greek Catholics
1936 - 615 Greek Catholics
The village was not incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934
In 1938 there were 250 Roman Catholics and 41 Jews
Filial church located in DZJURDZIV 1.5km away
The village of BAXLJAVA 1.5 kmwas served by the priest
LDS microfilm is not available