Hvozdjanka [Ru] Gwozdzianka[Polish]
Rjashiv District, present day SE Poland
Lemko Surnames found in 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records
Parish Data:
Church was "Sainst Kosmas and Damian" [1625] [still standing]
The wooden church built in 1625 was renovated in 1902. It was an independant parish until 1791 when it became a filial parish of BLYZJANKA 7 km away. From 1925, because people were attending the Roman Catholic church, services were only held on alternate Sundays
In 1785 the village lands comprised 3.47 sq km. There were 176 Greek Catholics 30 Roman Catholics and 5 Jews
1840 - 231 Greek Catholics
1859 - 198 Greek Catholics
1879 - 271 Greek Catholics
1899 - 340 Greek Catholics
1926 - 258 Greek Catholics
1936 - 280 Greek Catholics
The village was not incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934
LDS microfilm is not available