Solotviny [Ru] Slotwiny [Polish]

Nowy Sacz District, present day SE Poland


Lemko Surnames cited by Krasovs'kyj from 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records


  1. Wronczyk / Vronchyk
  2. Hawrylak / Hawrilak / Chawrylak / Havryljak (6 families)
  3. Hayniak / Haynak / Hajnjak (3 families)
  4. Chyra / Hyra / Gira (2 families)
  5. Huryj / Churey / Hurey / Hurej (7 families)
  6. Danczak / Danchak
  7. Kopcza / Kopcha (2 families)
  8. Krynicki / Krynyts'kyj
  9. Lawryk / Lauryk / Lavryk
  10. Malarczyk / Maljarchyk
  11. Muzela
  12. Olesniewicz / Oleszniewicz / Olesnevych
  13. Smetana / Smietana / Smetana
  14. Talpasz / Taupasz / Talpash (2 families)
  15. Futula (3 families)
  16. Chrapcza / Khrapcha
  17. Jurczyk / Jurchyk (2 families)
  18. Juszczyk / Jushchyk

Parish Data: [from Blazejowskyj and Iwanusiw]

Church was "Pokrova" [1887] [still standing]

The wooden church was renovated in 1932. The older church burned in 1884. The first church also had burned. The church is now used by Poles.

It was a filial church to KRYNYCJA from 1848 to 1863 and again in 1877 and from 1879 to 1927. At other times it was independent

In 1785 the village lands comprised 8.24 sq km. There were 293 Greek Catholics 17 Roman Catholics and 0 Jews

1840 - 387 Greek Catholics

1859 - 313 Greek Catholics

1879 - 325 Greek Catholics

1899 - 444 Greek Catholics

1926 - 515 Greek Catholics

1936 - 685 Greek Catholics

In 1936 there were 514 Roman Catholics, 16 Orthodox and 177 Jews

The village was incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934


LDS microfilm is not available